Wednesday, April 9, 2008

great falls, montana



it's not very far from idaho, but it's a world away from idaho...


cowboy poets spin rhymes abundant in mountain swears and wash them down with 80 proof. oh, yeah, we're not in idaho...


we're librarians. we don't censor and we don't judge. we like to be taken aback with poem and prose. we're not afraid of the f-word... thank God we're not in idaho.

i'm in great falls until saturday for the montana library association conference. this is one of my favorite conferences because it's in montana and not very many people like to come to this from idaho. so my pal, rena, and i come up once a year and have a ball! we shop, we eat and we do library things.

so, of course, i'm having fun, but i miss my boys...

jackson... that's birthday cake on his face

ryan... also with cake and the oft seen get-the-camera-out-of-my-face sneer!

one last thing... i saw this over and over today:
Montana. It's everything Colorado thinks it is. - Anonymous

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....I'm pretty partial to the way Colorado is. Maybe I'm a Montana wannabe. Have fun!!