Wednesday, March 11, 2009

something about blueberries

in general, jackson doesn't eat fruit or vegetables--except corn, apples, cutie oranges (sometimes) and potatoes. with that being said, it may explain why i was shocked, stunned and amazed this morning:

at 7:05am (we have to be at school by 7:55am)

me: jacks, sweetie... it's late, we have to get up... come on...
jacks: {stretching} i need blueberries...
me: WHAT?!
jacks: {yawning} i need blueberries for school
me: TODAY?!
jacks: yeah, today
me: why didn't you call me yesterday (i have to close the library on tuesdays... yes, i know... i have much guilt!)
jacks: {shrugs} i don't know...
me: okay, get up and let's get going...

then a few minutes later, i stop and think about this and then...
me: do you have a note from miss o'dell
jacks: no
me: what do you need these berries for?
jacks: my enrichment teacher said that we need blueberries
me: what? did she give you a note yesterday?
jacks: nope
me: then how did you know about the blueberries?
jacks: she told me last week at enrichment...
me: WHAT?!
jacks: {blank stare}
me: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME LAST WEEK?!
jacks: {blank stare, again}
me: YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME AT ANY POINT THIS WEEKEND!!
jacks: yeah...
me: well...
jacks: i don't need them until 1:15
me: well...
jacks: {lopsided smile}
me: well, i'll see what i can do...

so i left work earlier than i planned, went to the wal-mart for blueberries, and quickly drove across the "big city" to deliver the said berries to my boy...
... and was rewarded for my efforts with a big smile, a kiss... and later, freshly baked blueberry muffins!
life is good!

No comments: